Aug 06 2021
Posted 2 years ago
Vice President – Planning
Full Time, Permanent
Full Time, Permanent
The Vice President – Planning role leads the team of product management and merchandise operations (purchasing). This position is a key product champion, responsible for ensuring that the right product is in place for each channel/brand in order to deliver the company’s financial objectives. This role develops and drives new capabilities in inventory optimization, management, and assortment to drive brand sales, margin, and overall inventory productivity.
- Leads the development of annual strategic category plans in collaboration with product and finance to align with the brand vision.
- Leading cross-functional teams in the execution of product strategy which includes optimal product mix, price position, margin achievement, and final product assortment matrix.
- Owns development of annual and monthly brand (vendor) sales/inventory plans at store level to deliver strategic initiatives.
- Develops strategies to maximize store in-stock inventory levels and receipt speed for special orders to maximize sales and customer’s needs.
- Meeting set financial targets including sales and gross margin dollars.
- Work with key stakeholders to build pricing Strategy that supports all aspects of the product life cycle and facilitates profitable sales growth
- Working closely with the heads of product, in-store visual and ecommerce teams to plan presentation of product assortments for optimal brand presentation and to drive sales
- Supporting store teams regarding merchandise stock levels and maintaining continuous communication and cooperation on product and store assortments
- Support the buyers and product managers in negotiations with suppliers and create strong and mutually beneficial relationships with our vendors
- Directs markdown strategy to drive margin and protect brand equity.
- Partner with Product Development to build an assortment that addresses trend and consumer opportunities. Drive communication of costing needed to maintain/improve margin.
- Evaluate and recommend system to improve the different parts of our purchasing and supply chain to fulfill customers’ orders (i.e., freight bidding, load management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in merchandise planning or equivalent with 5+ years at a leadership level
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of cause & effect financials
- Excellent strategic thinker
- Strong people management and proven success leading teams, category / product planning, vendor relations and negotiation
- Knowledgeable about buying/inventory-related technology, processes and reporting
- Self-reliant and resourceful
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Effective relationship building and collaboration across groups, with a demonstrated ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Confident presenting to Senior Leaders and influencing towards a common goal
- Superb collaboration, joint problem solving and influencing skills
- Strong track record of driving results and performance evolution
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Great attention to detail
- Strong with data analysis
Serious applicants please apply with resume below.