McCarthy Uniform Inc. is Canada’s leading school uniform and specialty apparel company. We believe in the power of uniforms to create communities that successfully work, learn and play together. We deliver spirit, shared values, social harmony, savings and safety to the communities we serve.
We currently have a full time opening for Store Manager of our Oakville, Ontario location. If you are an energetic, sales focused individual that is committed to excellent customer service and looking for a great job, then we want to hear from you!
What We Offer
- A unique and fun work environment
- Competitive Pay, Group Benefit Plan
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory
- Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff
- Provide staff with feedback, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules
- Ensure the store complies with outlined safety policies and proceduces, as well as state and local health regulations
- Make sure wages, work hours, and equal employment opportunities are upheld according to federal and state laws
- Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
- Monitor stock and inventory, and perform quality assurance of merchandise on a regular basis
- Minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- 3-5 years of retail sales required; retail management experience and a college degree preferred
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Experience with interviewing, hiring and evaluating candidates, and assessing employee performance
- Basic math skills sufficient to complete orders, calculate inventory, and manage cash registers
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry products in order to perform and cover all workfloor duties
- Able to give clear directions and set expectations for staff
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example
McCarthy’s is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Serious applicants please apply with resume attached below.